Short Breaks and Outings
Our Short Breaks and Outings service supports children and young adults with disability to:
- Be independent
- Be a part of their community
- Spend time with friends
- Make new friends
- Participate in new experiences or visit new places
- Learn new skills
- Have some ‘Me Time’ away from carers
Our Short Breaks and Outings service offers our customers and their carers space from each other for some ‘Me Time’. Our customers will have the opportunity to meet new people and make friends, gain new skills or discover and build confidence in an activity they may have always wanted to try but never felt able to do.
We offer clubs and programs designed for different age groups and interests. Our social outings give our customers the opportunity to have fun and experience sporting events, concerts, festivals, movies, galleries, museums, nightclubs and even speed dating!
Check out our Events Calendar for what's coming up in your area.
What our customers can expect from us
We are committed to our customers. As part of our service delivery, our customers can expect:
- A unique plan for every individual
- An expert to assist people to navigate the system
- Support specific to individual needs
- Ongoing review of individual goals
- Capacity building resources
- Access to qualified and highly skilled practitioners
Diverse qualified team
- Access to team members from a wide range of professional backgrounds
- Access to other experts
- Support to build skills and capacity
Easy access to service
- Assistance with self care activities
- Service delivery where you want it
- Support to access mainstream activities in the community
When and where this service is available
Short Breaks and Outings are available seven days a week in the following locations:
- Experience breaks are available in Australia and New Zealand
- Mini breaks are available in Ashmont, Tatton, North Rocks, Roselands and Tamworth
- Social outings are available in Metropolitan Sydney
Additional funding information
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) will use the following terms to describe the funding that can be used to purchase Short Breaks and Outings services:
- Assistance with daily life at home, in the community, in education and at work
- Improved relationships
- Increased social and community participation
- Improved life choices
We can also support our customers if they have a different type of state or Australian government funding.
Our team can support our customers to identify the funding and services they are entitled to.