Short Breaks and Outings
Our Short Breaks and Outings service supports children and young adults with disability to:
- Be independent
- Be a part of their community
- Spend time with friends
- Make new friends
- Participate in new experiences or visit new places
- Learn new skills
- Have some ‘Me Time’ away from carers
Our Short Breaks and Outings service offers our customers and their carers space from each other for some ‘Me Time’. Our customers will have the opportunity to meet new people and make friends, gain new skills or discover and build confidence in an activity they may have always wanted to try but never felt able to do.
The short breaks and outings have been designed so our customers can be a part of a group and enjoy the opportunity to interact in a social setting with others.
Some examples of recent Short Break experiences include skiing, surf camps and city adventures.
Our social outings include going to sports events, nightclubs, music festivals, concerts, shows or participating in speed dating.
What we can offer
Our qualified, accredited and committed team provide different types of breaks and activities for our customers, including:
These activities offer our customers the chance to experience something they may have always wanted to do, but felt restricted from doing so. Examples include discovering the thrill of skiing or surfing, or exploring the local community. We will assist with our customers travel to and from venues and support customers during their experience.
Our mini breaks are like little holidays. Our customers will stay somewhere new but still be well cared for and have the opportunity to participate in activities that interest them while they are there. These are also a great way to meet new people and form lasting friendships.
Our social outings give our customers the opportunity to have fun and experience sporting events, concerts, festivals, movies, galleries, museums, nightclubs and even speed dating!
What our customers can expect from us
We are committed to our customers. As part of our service delivery, our customers can expect:
- A unique plan for every individual
- An expert to assist people to navigate the system
- Support specific to individual needs
- Ongoing review of individual goals
- Capacity building resources
- Access to qualified and highly skilled practitioners
Diverse qualified team
- Access to team members from a wide range of professional backgrounds
- Access to other experts
- Support to build skills and capacity
Easy access to service
- Assistance with self care activities
- Service delivery where you want it
- Support to access mainstream activities in the community
When and where this service is available
Short Breaks and Outings are available seven days a week in the following locations:
- Experience breaks are available in Australia and New Zealand
- Mini breaks are available in Ashmont, Tatton, North Rocks, Roselands and Tamworth
- Social outings are available in Metropolitan Sydney
Additional funding information
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) will use the following terms to describe the funding that can be used to purchase Short Breaks and Outings services:
- Assistance with daily life at home, in the community, in education and at work
- Improved relationships
- Increased social and community participation
- Improved life choices
We can also support our customers if they have a different type of state or Australian government funding.
Our team can support our customers to identify the funding and services they are entitled to.