Vocational Skills Training and Employment
Our Vocational Skills Training and Employment Services support our customers to:
- Get a job or discover their career path
- Prepare to apply for a job
- Participate in further study
- Plan for their future
- Have an opportunity to volunteer
- Improve employability skills such as working with others, time management and staying on task
Our Vocational Skills Training and Employment Services teams will work with our customers to build their confidence and achieve their career goals. Our service is practical, hands on and has a genuine focus and commitment to finding our customers a real job or volunteer opportunities.
Our team will back our customers every step of the way to help them discover a career that will suit their interests and talents. They’ll assist our customers to develop a resume, advise them on how to present professionally and support them to practice for and attend interviews.
What we can offer
Our qualified, accredited and committed staff can support our customers in a number of ways:
Group Support Sessions
Our Group Support includes five different training packages:
1. Building work readines
2. Building work skills
3. Getting that job!
4. Building a healthy mind
5. Building social confidence
Our team focuses on identifying where our customers might require specific training to ensure they are capable in all work related skills. This support can be provided 1:1 at home, in the community, on the job, or at a centre our customers choose. Our customers can then participate in structured training modules offered in our Group Support Sessions.
Our team will tailor work experience opportunities to cover areas our customers most need to develop to ensure they have the right skills employers are looking for.
Our customers will receive regular feedback and support to ensure they get the most out of these opportunities and can reach their potential.
What our customers can expect from us
We are committed to our customers. As part of our service delivery, our customers can expect:
- A unique plan for each customer
- An expert to assist customers when navigating the system and to guide customers in their career
- Face-to-face training
- Online training modules
- Support to transition to further study
- Individual and Group Skills Training
- Job placement
- Qualified adult trainers
- Work experience opportunities in a variety of business types
Easy access to service
- Customised services
- Group based activities
- Support to access community activities and events
- Opportunities to make new friends
When and where this service is available
This service is available from Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm in the following locations:
- Mona Vale
- Seven Hills
- Wagga Wagga
Additional funding information
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) will use the following terms to describe the funding that can be used to purchase Vocational Skills Training and Employment services:
- Finding and keeping a job
- Improved daily living skills
- Improved learning
We are also a registered Disability Employment Services provider.