The SpineCare Foundation is a division of Northcott, with an ongoing commitment to research and educational activities to support children with spinal cord disease or injury and their families.
Our activities include
- Coordinating educational activities to share knowledge about spinal disease and disorders in children;
- Providing support and funding for tertiary scholarships for students who use wheelchairs;
- Funding of public health Masters, PhD and postdoctoral research projects to increase the body of knowledge on paediatric spinal injury and disease;
- An online information resource to support both parents and clinicians
What we do
Who we are
The SpineCare Foundation was founded as the Children’s Spinal Research Foundation in 1981 to source funds in NSW to support research into diseases and disorders of the spine in children. In 2002 the Paediatric Spinal Outreach Service (PSOS) was established, then merging with Northcott to combine the original therapy orientated team with ancillary resources to provide services to NSW and the ACT. The Foundation is now a division of Northcott, providing ongoing industry leadership in spine care, and recently hosted the inaugural Conference of Innovation and Practice in Childhood Spinal Conditions.
- SpineCare Foundation Board
- 2014-15 SpineCare Foundation Financial Statements
- 2013-14 SpineCare Foundation Financial Statements
For further information please contact the SpineCare Coordinator:
(02) 9890 0100